Sunday, October 28, 2007

Paradox

So here's the gist of what is complicating my life this fall.
- One year or so ago, I feel as if God is telling me "be a part of a body of believers near where you live." Simple enough - I went to small group and church services in Westerville, 20 minutes by freeway from my campus area apartment. I love my church but yeah sure, I could change small groups. Nine months, one month ago later I finally do and, well, it was an okay experience.
- Within the last eight months, I felt as if God gave me a burden for a church I used to attend and he did this by a) placing them on my heart, b) by keeping relationships with people there fresh, c) by having them tell me of the crazy stuff going on, and d) by giving me a hope that he could change the things that seemed wrong there.
- Last summer, four months ago, I wanted to go back but then I realized it wasn't the right timing and that I'd be placing myself in the middle of temptation.
- Now, I believe I am to return but events in the short run have me second guessing. (Does this sound like a "previously on Alias" run-down?).

My question now is - would God lead me somewhere that I would disagree with their vision to the point that I would confront the pastor? If God would lead me somewhere like that, why would he do this - either because God wants me to act/confront or because God wants me to pray (or both)? If God's will is for me to share what God has placed on my heart, why do I fear I will be rejected and loose relationships if I follow God's leading. How do I follow God's will and stay true to what he has for me as well as communicate what I need to in a way that is both encouraging and edifying to the Body? Simply put, I don't know how I'm going to survive this and I need your help Lord! For my friends, brothers and sisters in Jesus - please pray for me!

No comments: