Friday, July 10, 2009

I need a job Lord, please save me.

Today I continued my job search... online.

I'm realizing that I'm depressed and that I both majored and mastered in programs that were not really in demand. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says Planning as a job field will grow over the next few years but that projection was made before the credit crisis of 2008. I'm starting to get really tired of being unemployed.

I could listen to a sermon, read, or even pray but all of that just seems so futile now. I know that I'm under attack from the enemy today. He wants to steal my joy. It seems so easy to believe him when things are so bad right now. So bad in comparison to what I had hoped for — the land of milk and honey after getting a master's degree. At least I have food to eat and a house over my head (for now). The funny thing is that I don't know if I even want to be a planner anyway. At a time, I wanted to work for the church, I wanted to be a pastor. Today I think about how many classes would it take to get me to pass the CPA exam or get some sort of medical license. I think about serving, I think about selling. I think about how I'm in a spot right now.

Lord, please get me a job

No comments: