Monday, September 15, 2008

The Power IS OUT!!!! Are You Prepared?!?

So the power has been out since 3pm Sunday. I've got just one question for you -- are you prepared?!? Find out here.

Of course we've got power at work and while I enjoy my salt and vinegar potato chips, I write some words. One, it was a bad idea to go grocery shopping during the power outage somehow thinking - oh yeah, we'll have power sometime this evening and the food will not spoil. I guess I wasted a $15 on perishables.... Then I got Chinese late last night thinking I'll save it for lunch today but then realizing today that, oh crap, the power didn't go on so that means my food is probably spoiled so I can't eat it today (unless I desire to get sick of course).

Anyway, so like a typical blogger, it's time to spill the deep dark secrets. I'll write more about this later after I have more time to pray and think about this but the revolution in thought is this simple understanding that no matter what I do, Jesus loves me. I don't have to do anything to merit his love, his presence, his comfort. I could choose to do things my way, do worse and yet Jesus loves me just as I am. I don't have to seek after him or do religious things to get approval because I've already got it. There is real freedom in Christ to do as I desire and be loved just the same. In this freedom, there's room to love and worship Christ back for who he is and what he has done, is doing, and will do in my life. What a revolutionary concept -- that love could simply be based on who you are and not what you do! Some of the people I've talked to seem to get this but I'll just say that it is so much harder to get it and to let it sustain you when you deal with extreme levels of self-hatred. When one needs to learn how to love others, love themselves and love God all over again. It's like I'm hearing the Gospel for the very first time and I've been "trying" to follow Christ for eight years.

More on this later,
ttyl,
eric

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am prepared...

And now, I crave Salt and Vinegar chips...

Thanks...