Saturday, February 9, 2008

Can I tell you that I am excited?

As much as I can be excited at this point in time, I am.

Tonight, into the night, I'm working on a new t-shirt design — this time on a hoodie. The design, "hope is rooted in faith" should be ready by early next week. More exciting than this, are my friends at New Life Church in Ann Arbor, Michigan. For those who don't know, they're sending a church plant to Ohio State in June to start a service in September to reach out to students.

I listen to messages and the more and more I listen, the more and more they sound like they have been Vineyard-ized! I'm a excited because I've never heard of or seen a GCM church that has embraced charismaticism or Kingdom theology like these people have and I am excited about this!

Why? Because I believe that with the Power of the Spirit, God will lead them to start a revival at Ohio State and I want to be a part of it. I pray that it would be available to all but I'm most excited because I really hope and want to be part of what they're going to do here!

This is nothing against my church, a Vineyard with many people who are feverishly praying for revival and trying to work to make it happen. My church is a good church but in this time I don't necessarily feel needed or wanted as someone trying to help bring about what's going on here. They've got their people and they will be used by God to do something awesome as well... but my hope and prayer is that I will be able to co-labor with my best friend Dan and we'll be able to see a multitude come to the Lord and be empowered by God!

I know that I have reasons for searching for something other than what seems to be the dead grass on my side of the fence but there is something romantic about this, something good about this and I think I want to be a part of it. I don't know if they want me to be a part of them but I think I want to be apart of it.

Why? Because I get to serve with my friend, under leaders who want to support me and see me grow. Because I'll get to get my hands dirty again, trying to help make things happen and blessing others lives. Because I'll have plenty of people to get to know and be friends with, people who I pray will want to be my friend. Because I'll be in contact with people who will help push me on toward the higher goal. In my lethargy, I want a challenge, I want people who will help me see God in my life, I need to experience the real God in a real way — I pray that this can be!

No comments: