Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Making it quick

First of all, I heart Matt Chandler. Listen to this piece of beautiful gospel manure.

Second, counseling is probably the best thing I've decided to do other than embrace Jesus. I have a sister in Christ who wants to help fight for me to get healing and it's really sweet to have someone who sees what Christ wants to do in our lives and wants to help us fight for it. I wish we could all do that and I pray that this is one of the things I'll get to do for the rest of my life, helping fight for the kingdom, for redemption, for the gospel in people's lives, in their hearts, in their souls....

Third, things are okay and from time to time feel like they're getting better. This is a painful process (counseling, healing, recovery, life...) but through it Christ will be Glorified and I will eventually be healed. It will take my whole life but hitting a lot of the stuff that's on me now will really help me see healing sooner rather than later and I praise God that he's working to help bring this about.

Fourth, I'm finding people in my group who are sweet and who like to hang out and enjoy quality time. It's a slow process but it's going to happen.

and Fifth, I'm still way to critical about people and situations. I have high standards but know that I am, in some situations, lacking in mercy and grace for those who are making mistakes. To simply try to ignore it may still be the wrong answer though and figuring out what to do, is well, an act of faith that I'm going to have to significantly explore. To do nothing is to discount the fact God is showing you stuff and maybe wants you to do something (appropriate) about it. To pray is to trust God will do what he needs to do, including use you to do something (appropriate) about it. To do something about it as in to approach and to talk about it would be to help preserve the glory and character of Christ, would be to (maybe) rebuke a brother who's (maybe) making an error but to do so wrongly will hurt, wound, and potentially show the judgementalism in my heart. As for now, the choice must be to pray and trust God to show me what I should do with and in the full character of Christ.

Please continue to pray that God will do great things in my life, bringing about healing and using me for the Kingdom - to help bring Glory, Honor, and Praise to the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments: